400g double chocolate chip cookies
2 tbsp cocoa powder
200g milk chocolate chips
240g icing sugar
125g melted butter
1 tsp peppermint extract
1-2 tbsp milk
Optional green food colouring
- Place the biscuits in a food bag and crush with a rolling pin. Place in a bowl with 50g chocolate chips.
- Melt the butter with the cocoa powder and combine with the biscuit mix.
- Press firmly into a 9 inch square tray and set in the fridge.
- To make the mint layer combine the butter, sieved icing sugar and peppermint extract. If adding colour then add a small amount to the mixture and mix thoroughly until the desired colour is achieved.
- Add the milk until you have a thick icing and then smooth over the base. Place back in the fridge to set
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a bowl over simmering hot water. Pour over the mint icing and gently tilt the tin until all the icing is covered.
- Leave to set in the fridge.
- When set, remove from the fridge and cut into squares with a sharp knife.