1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion – finely chopped
3 tbsp chopped garlic
½ tsp ground turmeric
½ tsp chilli powder
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp tomato puree
300g button mushrooms
- Heat the oil and fry onions until golden brown.
- Reduce the heat and add the spices and garlic. Cook for 5 mins, adding water to prevent the spices from sticking to the pan.
- Add the salt and tomato puree mixing well until combined.
- Add the mushrooms and mix thoroughly.
- Add approximately 100 ml of water, apply a lid and simmer for 10 minutes
- The mushrooms should be cooked through and the sauce should be thick and not watery.
- If there is water present, remove the lid and reduce the sauce for a few minutes until at the preferred consistency.