2 onions – thinly sliced
Sprigs of thyme
1 ½ tbsp olive oil
1.5 kg potatoes
450 ml vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 200c. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onions and thyme until softened and slightly golden.
- Slice the peeled potatoes thinly with either a knife or a mandolin.
- Spread a layer of potatoes over the bottom of an oven-proof dish. Sprinkle with onion slices.
- Continue layering up the potatoes and onions, finishing with a layer of potatoes.
- Pour over the stock and bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes until the potatoes ae cooked through and the top is crispy and browned.